Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What Do I See?

Today's class involved exploring the brain -- literally!

While we began the class engaging in various brain-teasing activities -- the Dragon Illusion which involved testing our mind's eye, quite literally. What does the Dragon do when we sway back and forth, or bounce up and down? We also did tests involving color words printed in different colors!

Can you read Red if it is colored Blue?

The next part of the class involved exploring an actual brain, and I was so impressed by the size, texture, and weight of the organ in our cranium that controls all aspects of our body. I think that students should have opportunities to explore these things. I remember dissecting a cow's eye, sheep's heart and lung, and even a frog, but how does that frame how our bodies actually work?

This was a fantastic experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment