"Lessons" is a universal concept for teachers. No matter what teacher you are or what you teach, it is expected that you teach lessons. What surprised me about our lesson planning process is how much actually is involved in planning. A child of teachers, one would think that I would have been aware of pre-planning and preparation, but it was something that I must have not paid attention to!
Our first lesson in instruction design was an eye-opening one, but it was wonderful to immediately apply it. Already was I able to take the ambiguous topics on our lesson planning guide and see how they actually puzzle together, which was a very important step.
The hardest, and yet largest, part of the lesson planning system will be ensuring that standards are met, but it is also important to remember that not all standard is explicit. Sometimes, a standard will be met without even trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment